Trion® – Providing Clean, Comfortable, and Safe IAQ Solutions
Since 1947, Trion has provided quality products for the commercial, industrial, and residential markets, which are engineered specifically to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable indoor air environment.
Dependable performance, superior product quality, and excellent customer service are essential to our long-term success. Trion has developed a level of technical expertise that allows us to create innovative products and cost effective solutions to serve our customers’ air cleaning problems worldwide. Our products can be found in homes, offices, factories, clubs, hospitals, and sea vessels, just to name a few.
Headquartered in Sanford, NC, Trion manufactures products in a dedicated 263,000 square foot facility.
Restaurant owners/operators, building owners, tenants, facility managers, architects, and engineers place their trust in TRION air cleaning products for long-term performance and service. They know that TRION has a proven track record of providing engineered designs to meet the specific demands of challenging applications.
Today, Trion IAQ is a brand of Johnson Controls Inc. JCI is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries.
Trion® – Principles of Operation
The TRION electronic air cleaner is technically known as an Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP). An electrostatic precipitator (ESP) is a high efficient particulate collection device that removes particles from a flowing gas (such as air) using the force of an induced electrostatic charge. When gas that contains an aerosol (dust, mist) flows between the collecting plates and the discharge wires, the aerosol particles in the gas are charged by the ions. The Coulomb force caused by the electric field causes the charged particles to be collected on the collecting plates, and the gas is purified. For bacteria and virus that attached on particulates, such electrostatic power will sufficient to direct and immediate kill them all by “Carbonization”. Despite how strong, powerful or harmful of the bacteria and virus are, bacteria normally were structured from multiple cells and virus structured by single cell, their cell membrane (Protein) is very weak that easy be breakthrough and totally destroyed by electrostatic power.
Three major functional components comprise the air cleaner:
(1) Ionizing-collecting cells to ionize and collect airborne particulate matter
(2) Power supply(ies) to provide high voltage direct current to the ionizing-collecting cells
(3) Control operated wash system to automatically wash away the collected contaminant
The major advantage for Electrostatic Precipitator is its strong and entire purification efficiency to particulate, dust, bacteria, virus, smoke etc. with little air resistivity and without any replacement cost, its operation and maintenance are easy and cheap.
Trion® Product Categories
Kitchen Hood Exhaust
Kitchen exhaust contains grease, smoke, and odors which can be filtered properly to help meet EPA, state, and local air quality standards.
Trion residential producuts offer you everything you need for your home’s ventilation system to clean the air. Our products also can adjust humidity levels to improve indoor comfort, minimize adverse health effects, and improve air conditioning efficiency.
Commercial Smoke Exhaust Products
Trion smoke eliminators are ideally suited to filter smoke, dust, and fumes from rooms where people work and relax: restaurants, bars, taverns, offices, conference and computer rooms, break and waiting rooms, designated smoking areas, and more.
– Cartridge Air Cleaners: Trion’s cartridge collectors are well suited for ducted and ambient industrial dust, smoke, and fume collection.
– Electrostatic Precipitator (Wet/Mist Only): From CNCs to lube oil reservoirs, Trion offers electrostatic precipitators that filter oil mist and smoke out of the air, providing cleaner air with no filters to dispose.
– Electrostatic Precipitator (Wet or Dry): Trion’s multi-stage electrostatic precipitators are multi-purpose units that can be installed in either wet or dry environments, from machining to weld fume, from textile to industrial applications.
– Media Wet/Dry Filtration: Trion’s media units are versatile units for all your wet, dry, sticky, or messy applications.
– Parts & Filters: Use only Trion replacement filters and parts in your industrial electrostatic precipitators, media, cartridge mist, and dust collectors.